Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33 Cantonese Restaurant Wedding Banquet
A wedding banquet at the Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33 enjoys the taste of fine Cantonese cuisine cooked with premium ingredients.
The Oriental Group of Restaurants is reputable synonymous with exceptional culinary excellence for Cantonese cuisine.
Reasonable dim sum, fine Chinese BBQ meats, and the familiar creative Cantonese dishes come to mind for regular diners.
Dinner in any of the group’s restaurants is an experience of enjoying the Cantonese people’s rich and vibrant culinary heritage.
History of the Oriental Group of Restaurants
In 2000, The Oriental Group of Restaurants started operations with its first restaurant, The Oriental in Jaya Shopping Centre, Section 14, Petaling Jaya.
The group now manages the following restaurants under its premier flagship.
- Noble House & Noble Banquet
- The Ming Room in Bangsar Shopping Centre
- Maju Palace at the Maju Junction Mall
- Oriental Pavilion at Jaya 33, PJ
- Oriental Banquet in Section 19, PJ
- The Han Room in The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City
- Oriental Viva in Viva Home, Jalan Loke Yew, KL
- Noble Mansion at Plaza 33, Petaling Jaya
Gourmands and loyal fans of the group can request the Grand Diners Series in any restaurant.
What is Cantonese Cuisine?
Besides pork, beef, chicken, seafood, and fish, Cantonese cuisine incorporates almost all edible meats, including
- chicken feet
- duck’s tongue
- frog legs
What are the cooking methods?
Popular Cantonese cuisine cooking methods are steaming and stir-frying being the most favored due to their convenience and fast cooking.
Other techniques include
- shallow frying
- double steaming
What are the popular Cantonese Dishes?
Primarily the Cantonese love their dim sum and roast meats, fresh fish, and soupy desserts.
You will find delicious
What are the criteria that quality excellent Cantonese cuisine?
- Top on the list is all ingredients used should be at the peak of their freshness and quality.
- For many traditional Cantonese cooks, the flavors of a dish should be well balanced and not greasy.
- The use of spices is in modest quantities to avoid overwhelming the natural flavors of the primary ingredients.
- There is no widespread use of fresh herbs in Cantonese cooking.
- The only garnish used is Garlic chives and coriander leaves.
Is Cantonese Style Hong Kong?
Hong Kong Style is Guangdong style (Cantonese style). Guangzhou, the old name Canton is the most famous city in the province of Guangdong.
The style of food prevailing in Canton and the vicinity is Cantonese. In Mandarin-Chinese, it is named Guangdong cai.
Hong Kong-style is Cantonese style.
The evolution of unique items under British rule includes breakfast items like ham slices, macaroni, baked bread, etc.
What are the Popular specialties of Oriental Pavilion?
The restaurant specializes in fine Cantonese cuisine with a modern twist and serving PJ’s most famous dim sum for lunch.
- Peking Duck Double-Boiled Coral Shark’s Fin in Shark’s Bone Soup Braised Imperial Bean curd with Spinach
- Cod Fish with Pomelo Sauce in Whole Orange
- Charcoal Grilled Iberico Ribs
- Roast Suckling Pig – Finest Macau Style
- BBQ ‘Char Siew’
- ‘Hor Fun’ with Fresh Water Prawn in Superior Prawn Soup!
What is Ambience?
The venue boasts a grand setting where patrons can choose from eight private rooms to a banquet hall that accommodates 530 pax.
The full restaurant capacity is 700 pax.
“Voted as one of Asia’s Finest Chinese Restaurants by The Miele Guide and also rated as the only Chinese restaurant in KL’s Top 20 restaurants by CNN Travel Guide” – Oriental Pavilion webpage
Wedding Banquet Dinner at Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33
In Penang, where I live, we seldom get to enjoy the authentic taste of premium ingredients, highlighting definitive dishes of the Cantonese people’s rich culinary heritage.
Is the food delicious, and the taste consistently good?
At the wedding banquet, I was seated with my former colleagues at another Oriental Group of Restaurants.
They enjoyed a similar dinner, and they mentioned that Oriental has a reputation for good standards throughout the chain.
Unlike franchise restaurants with a disparity of quality, Oriental is guaranteed to be right in every restaurant.
Here’s a list of the dishes cooked by the stellar in-house chefs of the restaurant.
The Wedding Banquet Menu
- Three Treasurers Combination
- Double-Boiled Coral Shark’s Fin with Cordyceps Flower (Individual serving)
- Charcoal Grilled Iberico Pork Ribs served with Chilled Citrus Juice
- Steamed Ocean Dragon Garoupa with Fresh Abalone & Squid Ball in Superior Soya Sauce
- Stir-Fried Assorted Vegetables with Cuttle Fish
- Steamed Rice with Wax Meat & Yam Shunde Style
- Chilled Peach Resin in Snow Pear
- Thousand Layered Cake & Pumpkin Pancake with Red Bean Paste
Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33 Cantonese Restaurant Wedding Banquet Review
All in all, dinner was satisfactory, and the service was up to par. I’m not sure of the cost of dinner.
Overall the freshness of the ingredients is indisputable. We got to taste all the cooking styles.
The dishes I enjoyed the most and which I think are exceptional (probably because it’s a first for me) are
Double-Boiled Coral Shark’s Fin with Cordyceps Flower (Individual serving)
In Chinese banquets, over 40 percent of the meal cost comes from shark’s fin soup.
The hearty bowl of soup is double boiled for 6 hours in the unique bone china bowls, making it perfect for this celebratory dinner.
For me, a wedding is when the host honors the guest by giving the best, and for that, I enjoyed and am appreciative of this premium dish.
The individual bowl of soup is packed with premium ingredients and has a flavorful taste in it.
It is delicious and very tasty.
Charcoal Grilled Iberico Pork Ribs served with Chilled Citrus Juice
I enjoyed this rack of pork ribs immensely, although not all are created equal.
This was a tad chewy, but I got to enjoy the delicious, fragrant meat to its soft bones. Overall the taste is delicious.
Steamed Ocean Dragon Garoupa with Fresh Abalone & Squid Ball in Superior Soya Sauce
This Ocean Dragon Garoupa is carefully selected fresh-tasting, and such a beautiful premium dish worthy of praise.
It has an excellent balance of aromatic flavors with texture with a lovely spring to the Squid Ball, Fresh Abalone, and Dragon Garoupa.
The flesh of the Ocean Dragon Garoupa was very smooth with glossy, pearl-like color.
The Fresh Abalone has fragrant minced garlic on top.
Steamed Rice with Wax Meat & Yam Shunde Style
The flavorsome steamed rice is perfect when you want something light and comforting after a full meal. Chinese people eat their rice dish at the end of the meal instead of the beginning.
I love the dish, which is light without being greasy.
The robust flavors of the Wax Meat are highlighted without overpowering the glutinous rice, making it even more delicious.
Chilled Peach Resin in Snow Pear
I enjoyed this immensely and loved the labor that went into carving the Snow Pear and steaming it perfectly.
The Snow Pear is tender yet firm enough to hold its shape.
Oriental Pavillion Jaya 33 Review
Overall, it was a marvelous auspicious dinner to celebrate a beautiful wedding banquet with an exceptional dinner.
Best wishes on this beautiful journey as you build your new life together, Yong Pang & Hui Jing.
*Reservations are encouraged to avoid disappointment as some of the dishes require time to prepare.
List of Oriental Group of Restaurants Telephone Numbers
for further enquires and reservations:
- Oriental Pavilion +603 7956 9288
- Oriental Banquet +603 7957 8488
- Oriental Viva +603 9283 8833
- Noble House +603 2145 8822
- Noble Mansion +603 7932 3288
- The Ming Room +603 2284 8822
- The Han Room +603 2284 8833
- Maju Palace* (pork-free) +603 2691 8822
* Maju Palace Restaurant @ Maju Junction Mall is a pork-free restaurant that you can have your wedding banquet and share your happiness on your wedding day with all your friends.
Oriental Pavilion Jaya 33 | 13, Jalan Professor Khoo Kay Kim, Pjs 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Mon-Sat: 11am – 3 pm, 6pm – 11 pm | Sun: 10 am – 3 pm, 6pm – 11 pm
Source: Oriental Group Menu