Travel Advisory – Langkawi Travel Bubble
Malaysia Airlines welcomes fully vaccinated customers to enjoy the beauty Langkawi offers, in line with the activation of the Langkawi travel bubble. The airline currently operates 33 weekly flights to the island.
Customers are to keep themselves informed of the latest SOPs by the National Security Council (MKN) https://www.mkn.gov.my/web/ms/sop-perintah-kawalan-pergerakan/ to ensure their smooth travel.
Passengers are advised to take note of the following prior to their journey aligned with the requirement imposed by the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Only fully vaccinated travelers* (except for those in EMCO areas) can travel to Langkawi under the travel bubble program.
Dependents/children under 18 years, who have not received their vaccination must be accompanied by parents/guardians to enter Langkawi.
*The Ministry of Health’s definition of fully vaccinated is:
- 14 days after the second dose of Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or Sinovac; or
- 28 days after one dose of Johnson & Johnson or Cansino.
2. On 15 Sept 2021, the MOH has made it compulsory for passengers aged 7 years old and above to undergo the COVID-19 test (RT-PCR or RTK-Antigen) prior to departure.
The permission to travel will depend on a risk assessment that includes passengers’ vaccination status and COVID-19 test results. Things to note:
The RT PCR or RTK Antigen tests can be done at any health facility or private laboratory within 48 hours prior to departure.
Test certificates with negative results must be presented at the airline check-in counter.
3. Alternatively, customers may purchase their own saliva self-test kit and undergo the test at Anjung Tinjau, Level 5, KLIA.
The saliva self-test kits can also be purchased through the private service providers at Anjung Tinjau.
MOH officials will issue a slip upon completion of the saliva test. Passengers are required to present the slip at the check-in counter.
4. Children 6 years of age and below must undergo health assessment at Anjung Tinjau, Level 5 in KLIA taking into account their ability to produce saliva.
This category of passengers must travel with a parent or legal guardian who has been fully vaccinated, tested negative for COVID-19, and not close contact with a positive case.
5. Passengers traveling to Langkawi for any purposes besides tourism are still required to present a police permit as they enter the terminal and at the check-in counter.
Travel Advisory – Langkawi Travel Bubble
For ease of reference, passengers may refer to the following table:
- Passengers who are cleared to travel may proceed to Malaysia Airlines’ check-in counter at Row C (on 16 September 2021 only) and Row B (from 17 September 2021 onwards) and provide all necessary documentation (please refer to the table above). Those vaccinated outside Malaysia must refer to the Helpdesk page on the MySejahtera app to register their vaccination status.
- Passengers are required to keep all relevant documents (slip/certificate) for verification on arrival at Langkawi International Airport.
- In view of the above, customers are advised to ensure that their mobile phone is fully charged and able to display updated health status in their MySejahtera profile page when required by authorities at respective checkpoints, including at the terminal (KLIA), check-in counter and upon arrival at Langkawi International Airport.
- Customers are encouraged to perform online check-in 48 hours prior to their flight through the Malaysia Airlines’ mobile app or website; or via the self-service kiosks at KLIA before travel. If customers have conducted their own PCR or RTK test, and do not have any baggage for check-in, they may proceed to the security checkpoint. If customers opt to undergo a saliva tests at the airport, they may proceed to Anjung Tinjau, Level 5 before checking in their baggage or proceeding to the security checkpoint.
- Check-in at the airport counter is available without any additional fees.
- Passengers are strongly recommended to be at KLIA four (4) hours before the scheduled departure time and plan their journey to the airport to allow for sufficient time to navigate through police roadblocks at several locations and check-in procedures at the airport.
- Customers remain responsible to ensure they comply with all requirements imposed under the Langkawi Travel Bubble program by the Government.
The safety of our customers remains of utmost importance to Malaysia Airlines.
Malaysia Airlines invites you to Fly Confidently with us with our enhanced safety and health protocols that have been put in place.
As a responsible airline, all our operating ground staff, pilots, and cabin crew on the active roster have been vaccinated to provide a safe and healthy working environment for our passengers and employees.
Travel regulation for Langkawi – Last updated on 15 SEPTEMBER 2021, 2040HRS (GMT+8)