Home Chef Eelynn Koay Makes Family Style Roast Pork
Family Style Roast Pork with five-spice powder and Shaoxing wine seasoning is the secret ingredients for home chef Eelynn Koay’s recipe.
Eelynn writes and shares with Smart Dory her joy of cooking for her family.
Cooking is much easier nowadays with the help of online recipes, YouTube & cookbooks.
Making Family Style Roast Pork
I‘m not the best cook, but I love it best when my kids come home from school to eat as a family with my food-loving husband.
Trying out new recipes for dinner is what I enjoy the most.
The recipe I like to share is my mum’s favourite Family Style Roast Pork dish.
This is one dish that my family can’t seem to get enough of, especially the crunchy bits of roast pork skin.
It’s an easy recipe to make.
Chinese Family Style Roast Pork Recipe with Wine
1/2 tBsp Shaoxing wine
3.5 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. five spice powder
1/3 tsp. white pepper powder
Cooking Method for Family Style Roast Pork
- Combine all the ingredients, coat it on the pork belly and refrigerate it at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200C/395F
- Prick tiny holes into the pork skin by using needles-do it as many holes as possible. Do not go into the fat layer.
- Season the skin with a layer of rock salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the layer of rock salt; bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until you get enough cracklings.
- Let the roast pork rest and cut it up to serve with a garlicky chilli dipping sauce.
If you want to make for dinner parties or gatherings, just make a more significant portion.